Visual & Performing Arts
What and Why
Information about Visual and Performing arts programs across cohorts (including performance classes and AP arts classes), and the condition and suitability of performing arts facilities across the district. This information can help us identify gaps in programming and deficiencies in facilities.
- 27% of schools have a Visual & Performing Arts ESA score of Unsatisfactory or worse
- There is no significant correlation between social vulnerability and Visual & Performing Arts ESA score, or proportion of undeserved students and Visual & Performing Arts ESA score
- The Performing Arts Center has a very high facility condition score - it is in good condition
Key Findings: Elementary & Middle Schools
- Every middle school offers fine arts
- 2/3 of elementary and middle schools offer the Creative Learning Initiative program
- Creative Learning Initiative is offered in a higher percentage of schools with high proportions of underserved student groups.
Key Findings: High Schools
- There are 22 visual and performing arts-related classes offered in AISD high schools
- Guitar, band, dance, orchestra, and theater arts are the most commonly offered high school visual & performing arts programs
- 7 of the 18 AISD high schools do not offer AP arts / music courses
- One high school (Rosedale School) does not offer performing arts classes
VAPA Programs Map
Locations of Visual & Performing Arts courses offered at the High School level.
Dataset Information - VAPA
Read more about the datasets referenced on this dashboard page.