Academics: Special Education
What and Why
Data about the special education programs and services offered at elementary and middle schools (data wasn't provided at HS level), and about the students who receive special education services.
- Every ES/ MS school offers at least one special education service
- The most common services offered are Basic Resource, Life Skills, PPCD, and SCORES
- Bilingual-specific support programs for special education end after elementary school
- All but 5 elementary schools provide access to basic resources for students in need of special education services
- 20 schools out of the 25 included in qualitative ESA analysis had inadequate SPED space
- 70% of students receiving special education services attend their neighborhood school
Dataset Information - SPED
Read more about the datasets referenced on this dashboard page.