What and Why?
Student data about absenteeism trends. Examining this data will help us understand chronic absenteeism amongst different facilities and demographics to help identify those disproportionally impacted.
- 13.8% of students were chronically absent during the 2020-2021 school year.
- Students who attend schools in high vulnerability neighborhoods experience higher absenteeism rates across all races and ethnicities.
Groups most disproportionately impacted by chronic absenteeism
- Homeless students (40%)
- Black students (26%)
- Immigrant students (26%)
- Economically disadvantaged students (24%)
- Students receiving special education services (20%)
- Hispanic / Latinx students (20%)
- Refugee students (18%)